This was a commission from my friend Becky, who is an animator and conceptual artist. She had a series of animal-based animation loops that she wanted to embed inside eggshells.
I came up with a design and software to run the loops in a very small form factor. The eggs can run for about three days straight before needing a recharge.
More photos are available here.
About meI make stuff with software, hardware, and ideas. More here.
- O’Reilly SOLID 2015: “Semantic listening: Experiments in capturing context, not content”
- STAMPS Design School, University of Michigan – “Critical/Political History of Makers”
- Listening Table
- “The Amp Hour” with Dave Jones and Chris Gammell
- O’Reilly SOLID 2014 “Blush: Designing a Social Wearable”
- Object Record
- Sketching in Hardware 2013 – UX notes for the Notification Layer
- Object Steganography
- Video scores for The Atlantic
- Video Eggs
- Place Clock
- Electromech Gamelan
- NASA FabLab
- A House In Bali