I make stuff. I like to think as hard as I can about what I would like to see in the world, and then make that happen. This usually requires a mixture of aesthetic and technological tactics, and it means I’m always learning something. I studied video/new media art at Harvard and received my Master’s at the MIT Media Lab. At MIT I worked in the Hyperinstruments group on locative media art, performance robotics, rapid prototyping, interface design, and all the other topics you’d expect at a place like that.
If you would like to get in touch, please send me a message to AKA [at] [this domain name]. I am currently working full-time, but would be happy to talk about after-work collabs.
- I use pinboard, flickr, twitter, github, tumblr, youtube, vimeo, pachube, instructables, soundcloud, and more services that I have forgotten about.
- I built a 3d printer in February, 2010, and became addicted. I’m currently working on another one (I left the first one with my collaborator in Boston), and have also made a couple CNC machines.
- I try to keep up my writing with a little semi-autobiographical blog.
- I brew beer, I love dogs, and I married Harlo. I love her the most.
- I feel like I am very good at pool and poker, but the feeling is wrong: I am not good at those.
- I live in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Before Brooklyn, I lived in Massachusetts; before that, New Hampshire; before that, South Florida; before that, Canada; before that, England; before that, Ecuador; before that, Ohio; before that, Illinois; before that, I was still dead.